Summary of the Product
With respect to its application, origin market helps its dealers automate many of the manual tasks involved in bond origination. It works by maximizing the relationships between issuers and investors over a suite of scalable information asymmetries to sell-side banks for smoother business performance. This greatly increases the opportunities and velocity in larger and less liquid corporate bond trades between banks, institutional investors and exchanges. Origin Market introduced newer products to build the first network online platform for issuers of private placements to post desired sizes, terms and maturities for new offerings directly to the 50 biggest global investors. It created a new trade route to cut middle regular providers of such funding without going through the bank arrangers as usual. Origin clients are in 45 cities across 6 continents, and include some of the biggest names in fixed income.
Origin is hosted on the cloud, built with the latest technology and is accessible on the web
(nothing to download)
Backend: Python, Django, Java
Frontend: Angular JS, Angular, Knockout
Being a startup Origin Markets had no Testing process in place and also they did not maintain any documentation with respect to product features. Thought frameworks brought in there QA Expertise to implement a stringent testing process in order to deliver a high quality fin-tech product.
1. Agile process is followed as requirement changes are available every week.
2. Testing has to be done for Multiple Accounts for each scenario on Multiple Browsers.
3. Testing was also done by downgrading the Firefox Browser.
4. Test Team is not involved in new feature discussions
5. Testing team is not given DB/Production access
6. Testing team created all the data required for the feature testing
7. Test Coverage focus towards:
- Functional Testing
- System Integration Testing
- Adhoc/Exploratory Testing
- Compatibility Testing
- Requirement Analysis
- Test Planning
- Designing Test cases
- Review Test Cases
- Test Case Execution
- Hotfix Testing
- Defect Reporting
- Defect Retesting
- Regression Testing
- Test Cycle Closure
Progress and Coverage
- Release notes Testing
- Bug Validation
- Hotfixes Validation
- All the Old & new features test case execution and reporting
- All the Test cases Designing & Execution done using Zephyr(add on in JIRA)
- All the Defects raised and assigned to dev admin using the bug tracking tool JIRA
- Weekly QA status report summarizing the test execution summary, List of bugs raised trends and their status.
- Testing is performed using Chrome,Firefox,Ie11,Edge in QA test Environment
- Total Test Cases Designed – 476
- Total Bugs Raised – 1681